A very solid loom with detachable reed, made from beech wood. Available in 4 sizes: Small, Large, XL and XXL.
You can use this loom two ways:
- as a Rigid Heddle Loom.
It allows you to make very long weaves, as you can warp meters of thread onto the warp bars. The reed creates the shed for you and it saves you a lot of time while weaving.
You can compare the warping technique with a floor loom (basic knowledge required).
Set: 11 threads per inch.
- as a Frame Loom.
Because of the notches on the warp bars, you can also use it easily as a frame loom for tapestry weaving. You can quickly warp it and get started. The rotating warp bars allow you to control the tension while you're weaving. You can still warp some extra thread onto the warps bars to increase the length. Sett: 8 threads per inch.
Please note: when you warp the loom this way, you cannot use the reed.
When using it as a frame loom, adding a stand to the loom is recommended, as it allows you to place the loom upright, which is much more comfortable for your back.
The warping areas of all three sizes are (without increasing in the length):
- Small: 38cm wide x 55cm long // 15 inch wide X 21.7 inch long
- Large: 58cm wide X 55cm long // 22.8 inch wide X 21.7 inch long
- XL: 77cm wide X 70 cm long / 30,3 inch wide X 27,6 inch long
- XXL: 97cm wide X 70 cm long / 38,2 inch wide X 27,6 inch long
This looms comes in parts and is easy to assemble and disassemble.
This listing contains:
- Rigid Heddle Loom with reed (choose the size on the right)
- two weaving shuttles
- clear handmade instruction which shows you how to assemble the loom and how to warp it both ways.